5 Places you need to list your business now
20 years web design and promotion experience
50% of people who search for a local business on their phone will visit it within a day!
Google’s research into local search behavior shows that local searchers are poised to take action. According to their findings, “50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same.” This means ranking in local search has a direct impact on in-store traffic.
According to research by comScore, Neustar Localeze and agency 15 Miles, address and location are the primary pieces of information sought by local searchers. Here are some of the other types of info searchers are looking for:
- Businesses by category (In other words, searchers are looking for a particular type of business but haven’t yet decided which one to patronize.)
- Phone number
- Products or services (Again, they don’t have a particular business in mind, they’re searching for a specific product or service.)
- Hours of operation
- Driving directions
- Coupons and special offers
- Ratings and reviews
People are looking for you by location – Get Found!
TIPS — There are a few things to watch out for when creating your business listings.
- Be Consistent! – Always use the same Name, Address and Phone Number.
- Choose the proper category for your business.
- Upload at least 5-10 good photos. Including an exterior and interior photo of your business and pictures of items you sell.
- Include your website URL.
Here are the top 5 sites
- Google My Business
– Create your page and you will either get snail mail or a phone call to verify your listing.
- Bing Local
- Yahoo Local – scroll to bottom click “Add a Business”
- Yelp -scroll to bottom, click “Claim your business listing”
If you already have a listing, manage it on a regular basis, respond to all reviews good and bad.
“There are 50 more places you should list, but this is a good start.”
Want more free help with your small business?
Subscribe to our Newsletter.